Monday, August 4, 2014

Donna's Pesto Quinoa Turkey Patties

Hello to all of you who are interested in delicious, healthy, quick meals that can be easily made after putting in a full days work - or fun!  I have been cooking for close to 40 years out of necessity raising a family of 4 children with my exceptional spouse, Gary, and for the pure enjoyment of creating meals for those I love.  Your comments are appreciated on any of my recipes since I am always trying to improve them, and thank you for your interest!

My Best, Donna LeFave Smith

Today's Meal:  Donna's Pesto Quinoa Turkey Patties over Southwestern Hash Browns and Gary's Garden Buttered Green Beans

Inspiration:  Since I wanted to create a very easy and fast-cooking turkey meatloaf, I wondered what would happen if I placed a meatloaf/burger type mixture into muffin cups.  When I looked in the refrigerator and freezer and found quinoa and pesto, I thought that these might be ideal companions to the turkey.  This recipe is the result!


Donna's Pesto Quinoa Turkey Patties

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup cooked quinoa
3/4 cup prepared pesto, preferably homemade
Salt and pepper to taste
12 grape tomatoes
Parmesan cheese, grated
Sriracha sauce

Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Mix together gently first five ingredients.
Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture into each of the sprayed muffin cups.
Place grape tomato in center of each cup and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Top decoratively with Sriracha sauce.  Bake for 30 minutes.

Serves 4.

Copyright 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment